The Chester Residence wins SEVEN awards at
The Scottish Hotel Awards 2013
The Chester Residence in Edinburgh picked up no less than seven separate awards at last night’s Scottish Hotel Awards 2013. These included:
Serviced Apartments of the Year
- Service Excellence Award
- Ambassador to Hospitality 2013 - Rory MacAleece, Head of Group Operations
- Management Excellence Award - Sue Finn, Duty Manager
- Management Excellence Award - Ian McLennan, Duty Manager
- Gold Medal for Hospitality - Ed Uniacke, Concierge
- Gold Medal for Hospitality - Matt McCracken, Night Porter
The accolades come hot on the heels of the hotel winning TripAdvisor’s coveted Top UK Small Hotel 2013 title in January.
General Manager Mark Lambson and other team members received the awards during a glamorous ceremony as Glasgow’s Crown Plaza Hotel.
Hotel owner Graham Wood said, “Being able to build on our success of winning Scottish Hotel of the Year 2012 with these new awards is fantastic. We’re delighted to be recognised for our outstanding service and our commitment to our guests.”
“Our success is down to our outstanding team who deliver unparalleled service every day of the year. As a family business, we’d like to thank everyone on the team, especially our Head of Group Operations, Rory MacAleece, and our General Manager, Mark Lambson, who joined the Chester team last year.”
The Chester Residence is a luxurious collection of 5-star townhouses, situated in the heart of Edinburgh’s stylish West End. Since opening in 2009 it has grown a loyal following of repeat visitors who value its combination of chic designer suites, attention to detail and high level of personalised service.
Notes to Editors:
Graham and Gillian Wood took over the running of The Chester Residence (five apartments on Chester Street) in 2006 and opened their flagship property (14 apartments on Rothesay Place) in August 2009.
The Chester Residence Awards
- TripAdvisor’s Top UK Small Hotel 2013
- Hotel of the Year at the Scottish Hotel Awards 2012
- Accommodation of the Year and Serviced Apartments of the Year at the Scottish Hotel Awards 2011
- Rory MacAleece, Manager to Watch 2011
- 5 Star Hotel of the Year at the Scottish Hotel Awards 2010
- Graham Wood and his brother Nic Wood (owner of The Rutland in Edinburgh) were jointly awarded Entrepreneur of the Year at the Scottish Hotel Awards 2010
For further information visit: www.chester-residence.com
The Scottish Hotel of the Year Awards
- The awards ceremony was held at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Glasgow with a theme of ‘A Night of Gold’
- They have been named the ‘Scottish hotel Oscars’ by The Herald
- Over the years, the awards have raised several thousand £s for HIT Scotland, the Hospitality Industry Trust
- Presenters have included the First Minister, Presiding Officers of Parliament, Ambassadors, Ministers, industry leaders and TV celebrities
For further information visit: www.scottishhotelsoftheyear.com